Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x

Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x
Mother's day cakes

Friday 30 August 2013

Eton Mess

This is my go-to recipe for a quintessentially English dessert when you're in a rush.

Serves 10

Ingredients:

Box of meringue nests (usually come in 8)
600ml double cream
600ml greek yoghurt (full or low fat)
200g raspberries (or other berries of your choice)
2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract

Method

Combine the cream, yoghurt, sugar and vanilla and whip together until thickened
Crush half of the raspberries and keep the other half whole, stir into the creamy mixture.
Crush the meringue nests into chunks and stir in only when you're ready to serve.

This dessert doesn't keep well as the sugar based meringue dissolves back into the mix never to be seen again.. a good excuse to have seconds!


No comments:

Post a Comment