Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x

Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x
Mother's day cakes

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Chocolate Eclairs

Tuesday was a very exciting day for me as it was the start of the Great British Bake-off (GBBO).  If you've never seen it, it's like the world cup of baking with bunting!

So, in honour of the day I made some chocolate eclairs for us to tuck into as we watched the show.

I used this Rachel Allen recipe.  To be honest, as much as I love and admire Rachel, I wasn't super impressed with this recipe, the eclairs were delicious but came out a little too wet for my liking.  I think I would definitely have lost points from Paul (Hollywood one of the GBBO presenters) for lack of crispiness.  Next time, I'd either try another recipe I've used before for profiteroles, or add a little less egg.







No comments:

Post a Comment