Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x

Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x
Mother's day cakes

Monday 2 July 2012

Rhubarb & Raspberry Crumble..




                                                                                                             
It's always nice to use some of the produce from my Dad's allotment and I think rhubarb and raspberry is a good combination.

To make rhubarb and raspberry crumble..

For the filling:

1kg chopped rhubarb
100g caster sugar
300g raspberries
1 tsp vanilla paste

For the crumble:

300g plain flour
180g caster
200g butter/baking margarine
Grated zest of 1 lemon

Place the chopped rhubarb in a large pan with the sugar and vanilla paste and cook on a low heat until soft.

Combine the sugar with the flour and rub the butter in until it forms a crumb, then add the lemon zest.

Take the rhubarb off the heat and add the raspberries, add sugar to taste.

Pour into a large baking dish and allow to cool the top with the crumble mix.

When you're ready to cook, place in a preheated oven for about 20 mins on GM7/220c.

No comments:

Post a Comment