Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x

Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x
Mother's day cakes

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Raspberry & White Chocolate Ice Cream...

Probably the best ice-cream you'll ever eat!




I made this with a borrowed ice-cream maker, I think there are ways to do it without one but I don't think I'd have the patience for that! This is just really creamy and flavoursome and you can experiment with different flavour combinations too...

Ingredients:

225ml Whole Milk
175g Granulated Sugar
450ml Double Cream
100g Raspberries

Method:

**Before you start: Most ice-cream makers require you to place the barrel in the freezer 24 hours before use, make sure you do this, otherwise your ice-cream is liable to turn into milkshake!**

Pour the milk and sugar into a bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.


Stir in the cream and vanilla and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

Turn the ice-cream maker on and pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, leaving it to thicken for 20-25 mins.

Toward the end of the freezing process, crush the raspberries and pour them into the mixture. 

Transfer the soft mix into and air tight container, top with some raspberries and chopped&grated white chocolate and freeze overnight.

Remove from freezer 20 mins before serving.

Watch this space for some different flavours..

No comments:

Post a Comment